CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Enjoying Okinawa

We are all settled in and enjoying Okinawa. It is so beautiful here. It is amazing how nice people genuinely are here. We moved in on Memorial Day Weekend. Go figure that a typhoon hit on Saturday evening.  Nothing like the island saying, "Welcome" to the Ensley Family. The only good thing about 125 mph winds blowing is the base shuts down and you are in lockdown. That is good because I had nothing else I could possible do except unpack. So, needless to say, we were unpacked in 2 days. :) After getting all set up in our house, we have hit the ground running. It has been 20 days we have officially been here, and so far, we have done more than a lot of people who have been here for months. I am grateful to Jess and Dom for dragging us along with them to do some pretty cool things.
On a personal note, Sarah is already enrolled in 1st grade for next year. Jimmy is gearing up to go with the MEU in just a few weeks. As for me, I am planning a great summer for Sarah and I. When school starts back up in August, our adventures will cease during the week. So, we have to see and do lots during the summer. I am looking forward to all the opportunities we have in front of us. I am planning on enjoying my time in Japan.
I am posting a few pics of our adventures so far. Please enjoy and I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

All packed and ready to go

Sarah eating her 1st taco rice.

Loved the tacos from King Taco

Jess & I
Sarah getting her hair done. 

Beautiful sunset 

Sarah buying her 1st drink out of the machines.

Nothing like fresh pineapple

Gotta love the roller slides.

Dom and Malia going down.

Sarah and I headed down.

Jess and Malia 

View from the top of the slide

Coral


Beautiful sunsets from Jess' window

0 comments:

Post a Comment